Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things a patient can do for their teeth and gums. It’s ultimately up to the patient in between visits, but the dentist is here to help and offer tips. Healthy teeth enable patients to have a smile that is both attractive and functional, and good oral health is vitally important to overall well-being.
Daily preventive care in between regular dental visits can greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. Consider incorporating these habits:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including fluoride toothpaste
- Rinse with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentist advises you to
- Make sure that your children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area
Feel free during your visit to our office to ask us any questions regarding your oral hygiene habits. We are here to help you guard for you.